Established in 2008 as Linear Building Ideas, supplying doors and door systems, and acting as UK agents for very unique door technologies. In 2014 the company rebranded, taking a deep look inside to realign their company vision and objectives. Selo are now a sector-leader in simplifying interior design and functionality. In March 2015, Selo moved to their new headquarters, increasing their manufacturing capabilities.
In 2016 Selo suffered a server hard drive failure on their RAID array that wasn’t detected. Four weeks later, a second drive in the array failed, leading to total data loss on the server. Selo sought an IT partner that were able to predict and prevent such failures.
Partnering with Computer Geeks in 2017 under our Remote Unlimited managed service which includes on-site backups, Computer Geeks deployed their proactive monitoring agents, and fully onboarded Selo.
In August, Selo suffered another drive failure in their RAID 5 array. Thanks to Computer Geek’s proactive monitoring services, a very different scenario played out:
• 09h50 – Drive failed, and the alert was generated
• 09h51 – Alert investigated by a Computer Geeks Senior Engineer
• 09h53 – Customer was contacted and informed of the drive failure, along with details of the next steps
• 09h55 – Computer Geeks have arranged with Dell for an engineer to attend site the same day
• 14h50 – Dell engineer arrives on-site and liaises with Computer Geeks Senior Engineers
• 14h55 – Failed drive fully replaced
• 17h55 – RAID array fully rebuilt
Thanks to Computer Geeks proactive alerts and monitoring, Selo suffered zero data loss and had their RAID array rebuilt the same day, on a manufacturer-approved hard-drive, fully supported under warranty. Whilst Computer Geeks had an on-site backup solution in place as part of the Remote Unlimited offering, no restorations were required.